It’s that time again! We’re hosting another photography contest with prizes sponsored by Wooden Nickel Photography. To enter, you’ll need to read the rules and have an adult sign off on the entry form if you are under 18.
The subject of this contest is
Here are the rules:
Submit your best pet portraits to us at [email protected] We will collect them all, post them here on the website for public comment and forward them to Candy Richey of Wooden Nickel Photography.
- 1 – 11×14 art print of the all-around winner’s image.
- 4 – 8×10 art prints – one for each age group winner.
- Images should not be altered, and should ideally be “straight from the camera.” Black and white or color images are acceptable, but keep adjustments to a minimum. Minimal cropping and adjustments to contrast/color are fine. If your image is terrific, but we can’t print it at an acceptable quality because the resolution is too low, we will have to substitute a smaller print size for your prize.
- The contest is open to homeschool students up to and including the age of 18. Entrants must be legal residents of the continental United States, Alaska or Hawaii.
For the purposes of this contest, a homeschool student is defined as follows:
A) If you homeschool independently of any public school, i.e. not enrolled in a school that is funded by the state government like a charter, you’re a homeschooler.
B) ARE enrolled in a publicly funded charter BUT more than 3/5 of the school week is guided by the parent, and NOT spent in a school classroom.
- All judge’s decisions are final.
- Contestants under the age of 18 must have a parent’s written consent (see the entry form).
- All entries must be received by midnight on May 1, 2016. The winner will be announced in the Summer 2016 issue.
- The winners will be contacted via email, and must respond within 30 days in order to claim their respective prize.
- Prize substitutions are at the sole discretion of Wooden Nickel Photography and Learning Tangent Homeschool Magazine. There are no cash substitutions, and we will only substitute in cases where the image resolution is too low to print nicely.
Wooden Nickel Photography in Oklahoma is generously sponsoring this contest, and will also publicize the top images in the Roger’s County Magazine, available at thercmag.com.