It’s an idea that’s been bouncing around in my mind for a while. I like online curriculum marketplaces – they’re terrific resources! The problem, is that I have always found it difficult to find homeschool products that had NOT aligned to Common Core or NGSS in those marketplaces. Those educational standards are just so stinking political. I would just as soon avoid them. I thought, “Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a marketplace that only accepted publishers who were committed to remaining independent of those standards?”
A place where the publishers had already been vetted, and confirmed as independent. Where, with each click of the mouse, you’d find yet another independent publisher’s storefront…and another…and another.
Yep, that’s what I want – and that’s what we’re building. Why? Because I don’t think I’m alone in that desire to see a place where the publishers of those unique and interesting products can show their wares – and not get hit with a commission rate that is over-the-top outrageous. I mean, really, if they can’t afford the commission rate, they need to raise their prices.
We’re actively seeking new vendors, and would love to hear from you!
Do you create terrific homeschool products? Would you like to be considered for the marketplace? Here’s what to do:
- Read the policy page: https://www.learningtangent.com/marketplace-policies/
- Apply to be a vendor: https://www.learningtangent.com/wcmp_vendor_registration/
- Wait. The hardest part! We will verify your Common Core/NGSS position via www.hsroadmap.org, and will probably want to talk on the phone! Yes, we like to talk with people before we work with them – if you have a disability that prevents this, that’s okay. We can chat on Facebook or something of that sort, we really just want to know a little about you. The whole idea here is a community marketplace where you feel welcome, customers feel safe, and everyone leaves happy. Leave your best time to contact you in the contact information box.
How it works
Once you’re approved as a vendor, and your storefront is all set up, what do you do?
- We introduce you as a new vendor in the Marketplace. Think of it as a welcoming party. We’re glad to have you, and want the world to know it. You can share those posts in your own social media and spread the word too.
- When orders come in, you’ll get an email detailing exactly what it was, and you can login to the Dashboard to mark it shipped (if necessary), or just revel in seeing the numbers grow.
- Once a week, we automatically pay out commissions older than seven (7) days over $10 via PayPal.
It’s pretty simple, and geared towards giving you as much control over your products as possible. Any other questions? Please contact us.