2017 Publication Schedule
Estimated print edition ship date- December 11th
Online publication date (for paid subscribers) – December 11th
Deadline – November 1st
Board games, computer games, and sports games. We love them all, and want to hear how YOU use them to homeschool. Get your ideas in and ready before the deadline!
Here’s what we know:
- We have a couple of product reviews, one is on the fabulous Mr. Noggins’ Card Games.
- There might be a chocolate activity, and we can’t wait – who doesn’t love chocolate?
- The twins are working on a couple of great ideas for the kids’ section.
And there you have it. Fall has just been shipped, and we’re already working on Winter. We have had so many terrific compliments on Fall and its’ fabulous articles – we’re thrilled to see how you like this issue!
2018 Publication Schedule
Spring 2018 – College or Not? That’s the Question
Deadline February 1, 2018
Estimated print edition ship date – March 12, 2018
Online publication (paid subscribers) – March 12, 2018
Deadline May 1, 2018
Estimated print edition ship date – June 12, 2018
Online publication (paid subscribers) – June 12, 2018
Deadline August 1, 2018
Estimated print edition ship date – September 11, 2018
Online publication (paid subscribers) – September11, 2018
Deadline November 1, 2018
Estimated print edition ship date – December 11, 2018
Online publication (paid subscribers) – December 11, 2018
Every issue has needs (and not every article is related to the quarterly theme)
- Homeschool projects with high-resolution, high quality images and clear instructions.
- Ideas for balancing homeschool and work.
- Tips on how to keep kids interested in school.
- Ideas on teaching difficult, dry or neglected subjects.
- Other homeschool related stories – this can be relating to your journey to homeschooling, or how you handle difficult situations with your children. It’s a wide open topic.
- Humorous stories – we could always use something funny to lighten the mood!
Learning Tangent for Kids
Our all-new, just for kids, pull-out section that’s written by and for kids.
Yep, you read that right. Your kids now have their very own mini-mag that you can pull out for them. In each issue of Learning Tangent for Kids, we love to see articles, art, projects and yes, even questions from homeschooling kids everywhere.
Your budding artist or writer can also submit a story or piece of art. We love to support kids in their endeavors!
We’re looking for:
- Articles – any topic your son or daughter would like to cover
- Book reviews
- Art project ideas
- Fiction stories
- Photo journalism works too!
The main thing to remember is that this is for the kids. We would like to see it grow into its own magazine someday, but that’s a ways off. If your kids would like to read about it… then yes, it belongs in here and we want to hear from you.
Things to remember…
Because Learning Tangent is in print, there are space issues to keep in mind. We do not accept previously published work for the print magazine or website. If we are simply out of room, we may want to hold onto it for a future issue. We hope that you understand.
Please see our contributor guidelines.
We would welcome article submissions on any of these topics, and more! If you’ve been thinking about subscribing, now is a great time. We’re three quarters through our fourth year of print, and look forward to another year of helpful, timely homeschool articles without a gigantic pile of ads through which to sift. Because here – it’s really about the articles.
If you would like to contribute an article, story, or art of some sort, we would like to offer this as a guideline. There are deadlines and other information for each issue so you can make plans to get your article in before the deadline. We prefer receiving them a few days early so that if there are edits to be made, we can send them to you for review.