Integrity is vital. Learning Tangent is committed to bringing the best independent homeschool products to customers. We think that a unique product, free of the constraints imposed by “grade level” standards is preferable to one in which everything is tailored to someone else’s idea of what is appropriate for a child. That’s a parent’s job.
When deciding whether your products are a fit for the Marketplace at Learning Tangent, consider the following, and remember our mission is to bring people together.
- You promise that your products are free of Common Core/NGSS standards.
- You agree that if, for some reason, you decide to align them to Common Core or NGSS standards, you will notify us and remove them from the marketplace.
- You also agree that if we discover that you have aligned products to those standards, we will remove all of your products from the marketplace without notice, and pay any unpaid commissions.
- Worldview: In keeping with our religiously inclusive position, we only ask that you add it to the description, and check off the appropriate category when you create the product. It allows families to select products that suit their family’s beliefs.
- It should be obvious..but we do not accept products that promote sexualization of children, violence against another person or group of people, or that promote segregating or the denigration of any part of the population.
If you wonder how we determine whether to accept a vendor, here is our definition of independent, as defined by Tina Hollenbeck of www.hsroadmap.org:
Independent (IND) = These companies have not changed anything in regards to the CCS/NGSS/C3 and intend to remain independent of the initiative. They may or may not know of ways in which their materials happen to somehow match some aspects of the CCS/NGSS/C3, but any such connections are purely circumstantial and the providers do not endorse/promote the initiative.
At our discretion, we may allow a vendor with correlated products into the marketplace. However, those would be admitted on a case-by-case basis, with the knowledge and understanding that they did not change anything in their curriculum to align to CCSS/NGSS/C3 – merely showed (for benefit of school teachers who need to know) where they happen to match.
Is your company listed in the Homeschool Resource Roadmap? If not, contact them athsroadmap.org/contact/ as soon as possible to get listed.
We are not a fulfillment house, we only provide the Marketplace at Learning Tangent in order to help connect your unique products with families who will be interested in them.
We host the files on our server, and when a customer purchases the product, they are given access to the file as soon as the payment is completed.
You are responsible for shipping as soon as possible after payment is made.
So far, we only have to collect sales tax in California. However as the marketplace grows and more vendors join, that will by necessity change. Because we collect the sales tax for you, the rules regarding this are clear: each vendor adds a sales tax “nexus.”
We believe in paying the highest commissions possible on sales of your products. You created it, why should we keep the profits?
- You set the prices customers pay for your titles.
- You keep 85% of the sales price of your products, not including sales tax collected. You receive 100% of the shipping costs.
- You may either add shipping costs to your product, or include it in the price.
- No earnings accrue on sales resulting in consumer refunds, charge backs, or fraud.
- Earnings are computed in US dollars.
Payments are made via PayPal.
We make payment once a week for sales that are more than seven (7) days old. If the total payment amount due is less than $10, then we may accrue the amount due to the following week’s amount due instead of making payment. You can optionally request payment for commissions over $3.
You represent and warrant to us that you have the right to enter into this agreement.
You indemnify us and will hold us harmless from any claims, suits, loss, and damages arising out of allegations of copyright or trademark infringement or libel arising out of our distribution and sale your titles.
We do not require you to sell exclusively in the Marketplace at Learning Tangent. We recognize that as most of us are small business owners, we need all the exposure we can get, and part of that is through setting up multiple sales channels. We will not require you to sell at a lower price than other places, and we will not penalize you for doing so. We believe that by charging a lower commission on sales (only 15%), and providing a niche marketplace, you’ll be more inclined towards selling here anyway.
If you do not receive timely payment from us, then you can send us notice for non-payment which we have thirty days to correct or else you can terminate for non-payment at the end of the thirty day period.
You may terminate our right to sell the titles you’ve uploaded to us at any time and request a payout.
We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without notice and pay any unpaid commissions.
By setting-up your publisher account, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms above.